There is no question about it, this is a candidate short market.
Whether you are an in-house recruiter or a recruitment agency, the experience each candidate has with you is a marketing exercise in itself. Whatever happens with their application, you want candidates to walk away (or start a new job) feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
What does ‘Candidate Journey’ actually mean? When someone applies to your very well written & designed advert, what happens next?
- How quickly do they get a response?
- If they are rejected, what do you say?
- Do they stay on your database?
- Do you communicate with them ongoing?
- If they are successful, how quickly are they briefed?
- Are they prepared for their interview?
- When offered the role, do you hold their hand through the notice process?
- When they start their new job, do they know you care?
It sounds like a huge amount of work to recruit one person but no one said this was easy… This extra effort can result in a happier, more productive recruit who will remain loyal to the company. Each time you take on someone new, you are creating a brand advocate for your business.
We find that loyalty to you and your business can be built up through continuous communication and information. Information builds trust and ensures each candidate feels cared for and considered.
Take home message: Take your candidates on a first class journey to increase retention levels.