- More than 4.9 million people in the UK have diabetes
- 13.6 million people are now at increased risk of type 2 diabetes in the UK
- 850,000 people are currently living with type 2 diabetes but are yet to be diagnosed
- The NHS spends at least £10 billion a year on diabetes.
The One Million Step Challenge has 3 tiers but Ash has decided to attempt the full 1,000,000 steps – that’s going to be around 11,000 steps per day for three months.
With refreshing honesty Ashley admits he’s not taken as good care of himself as he might have. We want him to be healthier and will be supporting him on his journey. Please consider sponsoring Ashley as he takes his journey: https://step.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/ashley1584
A worthwhile change, for a worthwhile cause.
- To feel more energetic
- Look after one’s heart and blood pressure
- Achieve and maintain a healthier weight
- Better sleep
- Improved mental health
- Raise as much as possible for a charity for Diabetes UK
You’ll be able to track Ashley’s progress through his dedicated Twitter account @steps_ashley